Monday, July 7, 2008

Patriotism Means Drinking Bud Lights.

I'm so glad I'm back from a weekend in CT. J9* and I arrived on Thursday night and hung around my parent's house. We went to our old standby bar and it was jam packed. I was all hyped up to meet some cute boys, but alas, nothing came to fruition. The next day I bopped around with J9* and my BFF* and did some shopping and lots of eating. We decided to just go out for a leisurely drink after the fireworks. And that's when it happened. The boys came a calling. Why does it always happen when you're looking to have one drink with your girlfriends? We showed up at a bar in town after being stuck in traffic from the fireworks for about an hour. Some young kid who doesn't even warrant a nickname came up to me (or rather, had his FRIEND come up to me) and would not leave my side for most of the night. Turns out he was 19. Or at least that's what we figured. The whole time he was talking to me however, I saw this guy that I recognized from high school checking me out. It was very obvious but I did what every maneater does and completely ignored eye contact and snubbed him. Sure enough, as soon as my 19 year old lover left, Seacrest* showed up. It's important to note that his nickname is Seacrest because that's exactly who he looks like: Ryan Seacrest. And he's a radio producer. Creepy? I think so. Anyways, Seacrest sidled up next to me with a bud light in hand (good observations on his part) and we started chatting. After a few minutes I asked him to watch my seat while I headed to the ladies room. While I was gone, he told J9* that he was in love with me. And she said that I get that a lot. I was a little annoyed that he didn't remember me from high school (I believe I told him that he must have been "too into himself to notice others" since he should have known who I was!) and he had a bunch of friends looking to go home. I finally caved and gave him my number - and he WROTE his number for me on a receipt that said "hisrealname + myrealname" in a heart. I shit you not. Fella was all up in my grill. I invited him out on Saturday night since my friend Claudia* was having a party, but luckily he did not show up. He texted me again yesterday apologizing for his drunken behavior, but again insisting that it was love at first sight - and that he needs just one more chance to prove it to me. I am so startled that he's so persistent (play on playa) that I told him that he was 0 for 2 - but that I'd consider giving him one more shot. God knows if I ever will though.

And on a sidenote, I received a call from the Ex. From Portugal. It basically sounded like he said "massaging patron" but I'm pretty sure it was drunken jibberish portuguese english. Either way, he needs to leave me alone. I can't bear it anymore. I'm almost at the point where I am going to have to confront him face to face and tell him to leave me alone forever. I don't know if I can do it though.

3 comments:

Eileen said...

Sometimes the stuff I read on this is too unbelievable, I must witness it for myself. And I will at the end of August. Get ready BABY!

Morgan said...

I guess getting hit on by a 19 yr old is better then getting called out for looking like your 30 by an 18 yr old in line for a crappy club under a mystery bridge.

The glass is always half full my friend!

Anonymous said...

i can't figure out who seacrest is...give me a hint?!