Never in my life have I been so barraged by menacing emails and texts. Lord. I didn't mean to get everyone's panties in a twist. Here's the low down.
I received yet another text from the Ex the other night. It read: "I miss u. I know I shouldn't be saying that, but I find myself thinking of you nonstop".
Aw hellz to the no. It had to end. Every time I received a text or email from him, I felt myself start to retreat into sadness. I was not about to let that happen.
So I emailed him and long story short, we decided to meet up. I haven't seen him since I moved out of our apartment five months ago. One morning I packed my bag and left. The only time I saw him after that was underground about to get on the 6 train. He was leaving our apartment as I was going back to move my things out. It was an intense moment. I always believed that if he tried to stop me at that moment, that we would have worked things out. But he didn't. And now I've moved on.
We went to a bar and talked for several hours. For awhile all we talked about was the past five months. How our friends were, what we've been up to, our families, vacations - everything. Then we started to talk about relationships. I told him about SMB and he excused himself to go to the bathroom. I didn't give him details, but I guess knowing I had liked someone else made him a little nause.
He's a wreck. He was so nervous. He was on the brink of tears the entire time. I felt horrible. I think the worst part was that I felt okay. Through it all, I felt good. I know we aren't supposed to be together anymore, and though there were moments when I knew he was my soul mate, I don't think he is anymore. I've resigned myself to the fact that it was not meant to be. I am no longer beating myself up over how I could have made it work. Instead, I'm happy. I'm happy being single, amusing you all on a daily basis and I'm glad I've started over. I just hope this doesn't turn into a downward struggle now that he's seen me. He's already emailed me this morning completely distraught.
I'll keep you all in the loop. But let's all cross our fingers that the Ex can get over it soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm teary, but very proud of you.
Post a Comment