Friday, June 6, 2008

Magic List.

My friend Claudia* was talking about an Oprah episode where this Martha Beck chick wrote a list of what she wants in a man - and it all came true. Apparently there's power to the words and if you put what you want out there, you'll be more likely to spot it. Something like that. It does warn that you can't "operate in the shallows" so once I start this list, I can't write things like "has at least a 4-pack" or "has a hot eyebrow scar" or anything along those lines.

Here are some important ones that I came up with (though I doubt Oprah would approve):

- Likes beer.
I swear, a guy that doesn't "do beer" is such a turn off. Who doesn't like beer?! A cold Corona after a day in the sun?! Come on now!

- Would rather gush over a dog, than a child.
I can't help it. Guys that adore babies creep me out. I like a guy that gets more hyped up over a doberman puppy than a toddler.

- Honest.
I like brutal honesty. I don't want to second guess how a guy feels about me. If he's not feeling me, awesome. Just say it.

- Rolls with a good crowd.
A guy that has good friends - and loves his friends - is important. I place my friends high on my priority list and I want to be with someone that does the same. It's hard to be around someone that doesn't have a good crew.

- Strong morals, bit of a bad ass.
I like someone that knows right from wrong, but still has an adventurous spirit. I may misbehave frequently, but when it comes down to it - I try to always do the right thing and not screw anyone over.

Friends - what do you think I need on this list?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg...i love the eyebrow scar. i can't explain it. it's just hot.

L said...

the juggler had a good one.
sigh.

J9 said...

he has to have a good relationship with his family! that's key especially because you're close to your fam