Monday, June 2, 2008

M-Word.

The Juggler and I exchanged a few texts over the weekend. I don't know why I was so nervous about texting him. I mean, I'm just as great as he is - if not better. Sometimes i just get excited by the prospect of a fun, great guy - and it throws me for a loop. However, my crushes tend to be fleeting - and I tent to fall for the guy that I originally had no feeling whatsoever for. You'll understand what I mean soon enough...

I had a great dinner with my great girlfriends on Friday.It was a typical classic NYC evening. We had pasta, drank red wine and discussed our most recent (and some funny past) sexcapades. I'm pretty sure I was shouting something about blow jobs as our waiter came over. It happens.. By dessert, I had received a text from the Juggler. I had texted him "Let's see those juggling skills in action. And FYI it's (real last name) - not (fake last name). He then said "I'm juggling moving and not going insane. How are you at moving furniture?" My response was very witty - thanks to the help of lots of red wine and my five gal pals helping me out.
My awesome response:
"I'm good at taping boxes and pointing to where things go - so I'm awesome at it. But if you're in need of a post-move brew, I'm your gal."
He said:
"Cool... I'll keep that in mind".
That was the last I ever heard from him.

Now onto the elusive SMB. We hung out for an hour late Friday night but I wouldn't go back to Brooklyn with him. I had a hair appointment in the morning. That takes priority. Something about him seemed different. At one point I was chatting with two of his friends and he whispered in my ear "I think about you all the time - and I don't like it." GULP.

I went home and thought very little of the comment. Until late Saturday evening when I hopped in a cab to see him. I guess I didn't realize that hopping into a cab so often to see him does mean something - whether I want it to or not. I don't necessarily like him, but I do like spending my time with him. And he's a damn good hook up. While hanging out at this amazing apartment party in Brooklyn, he took me outside to the balcony and asked if we could start seeing each other. I was at a moment insanely touched - and freaked out. I ignored the question as much as possible. I thought it was just his vodka tonics talking - so I downplayed the question and outright ignored it. But the next morning - in a sober state - he once again mentioned that we should start seeing each other. All I could say was "But we do see each other!" and he just smirked and said "You know exactly what I mean."

This has been very unexpected. And I don't know what to do .

2 comments:

Eileen said...

There is something about SMB that makes me cringe. I don't know if it's the greasy italian vibe I get when I read entries about him or it's just what he says. It's all a little much. Lest no forget he left you on the couch. Poor form. Move on.

L said...

i thought it was nice that he left me on a couch with a pillow and blankie. better than waking me and demanding some loving.
and he's el salvadorian - not an ital.