Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Handyman.

Having a man around the apartment results in many good things. Here are some things that I have come to enjoy with Lobsterman being here:

1. A warm body to snuggle up against
2. Dinner waiting for me almost every night
3. Hotness
4. A new kitchen island. That he built. With tools, like a saw and wood. BY HAND.
5. Sex. (obvi)
6. Compliments before I leave for work. How did I live without that? I walk to the subway high on life.

We got in our first tiff last night. I can't recall what went down exactly because it was post Barack's win after a bottle and a half of champagne. And that's just what I drank. But basically a speech from Lobsterman went something like this after the fight:

"I hope you know much I care about you because I care deeply. I don't know the details of your past but I hope nothing holds you back from continuing to pursue what we have - because being around you makes me happy. And if I have to prove that you can trust me, I'll work hard at it until you do." God! He said it with so much passion and belief.

I cried a little as I fell asleep.

2 comments:

Nicole Marie said...

i love your stories. i feel like im reading a book but i can only read parts of chapters at a time and it drives me nuts!!

and that's the cutest think ive ever heard a man say. i would have cried too.

LowerEatSide said...

a. can we commission lobsterman to build kris a kitchen table/nook? kris wants to do it himself, but... not the best idea.

b. great list. i'd basically just replace #4 with: constant IT/web support and guidance which is indispensable to my daily life. boyfriends are great.