Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Five Days.

I'm finally back from my lovefest - and saddened that the love bubble I've been living in has burst. Here's the laydown of how the weekend went...

I arrived back in NYC after my business trip and had a voicemail from Lobsterman. He was outside my apartment while I was still at the airport. His plane was on time and mine was very late, so I couldn't even primp or clean my apartment to greet him. My fantasy of opening the door in just his boots did not go as planned.

The next day I called out of work sick, which wasn't even really a lie. I felt terrible. We spent most of the day laying in bed, talking and kissing a lot. We had lunch near my apartment, watched a movie and then headed to Abs* house to watch the debates and drink. He had mentioned to me over the phone that his thumb was broken - and he wasn't kidding. It was bent out of shape and randomly bleeding throughout the weekend. We've both decided that we have a curse and every time we come together, one of us has to be injured or sick. He thinks it's romantic. I think it sucks.

Saturday was rainy so we had brunch in the city, saw a movie and then went grocery shopping. It feels so good to do normal things with him. I forgot what it was like to just hold hands with someone you like. It's the best feeling in the WORLD. Saturday night we decided to cook and have a few of my friends over to meet him - it went really well. I think he was very well-received and it was quite a big step.

The two of us were dreading the end of our weekend when Sunday morning came and then about an hour before he had to leave he looked at me and said, "What if I just stayed?" I thought he was kidding but he wasn't. Ten minutes later he had expedia on the phone and a few minutes after that he called his family to tell them he was staying two extra days. We literally panicked at the thought of not knowing when we'd see eachother next - with no plans in the near future. So he stayed. We just watched movies and cooked and made out all day on Sunday. Monday morning I went to work and left early so I could spend one last afternoon and night with him.

I could tell you all the amazing things he tells me. I could tell you about how he makes me feel pretty again. And that we took a hot, steamy shower together. Or that we didn't make love until last night, because he knew I was on the rag and never pushed it. I could tell you that he tells me things that I never thought I'd hear from a male human being. But I won't go into too much detail.

Unless you egg me on. Then maybe I'll, ya know, kiss and tell.

So here we go. The first guy I adore in a long time and he lives a million miles away. Shocking. The universe has a sick sense of humor.

2 comments:

Andy said...

are you going to get married?

:-)

L said...

we dont even live in the same state. so i'm gonna go with no.

unless i decide to become a lobster wife...not a BAD set up..