Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Teamwork.

Friday I left work early in order to DRIVE (yes, that's right, a car) all the way to Maine. I was stuck in traffic for hours and finally arrived around 11:30 at night (original e.t.a was 8pm mind you). BFF and Lobsterman met me at a Whole Foods to direct me to her man's apartment - and I was thrilled to see the both of them. This time we greeted eachother with a kiss, which is a big step in my opinion. We went back, went to bed, yaknowyaknowed on the futon and were just super psyched to see one another.

Saturday we split up into pairs - so Lobsterman and I did some typical Maine errands before we met back up with BFF and her BF at the ferry to head to the island. And by "maine errands" I mean we went to Walmart to buy bullets so he could take me shooting. No big deal.

We went shooting on the island when we got back and I have to admit, it was fun. I felt rather rugged and sexy. I didn't kill a duck or anything, but I did show some spray paints who was boss. I like that being around Lobsterman always brings on new adventures, though I did warn him that I probably won't be investing in a ghetto blaster anytime in the near future.

Saturday night we were supposed to head to his friend's party - and it was going to be a big event. As I started to drink and started dancing, I wasn't really paying much attention to Lobsterman. I still can't decide if it was because I a) am afraid of my strong feelings, b) really didn't give it much thought, c) was in a bad drunken state or whatever the reason was. All I know is that I ended up dancing the party away with his arch nemesis. And then he caught his arch nemesis getting my number.

Okay now - before you all get HEATED - hear me out. I like Lobsterman. A lot. I don't like anyone else and that scares me. I don't even have INTEREST in other men. So I didn't give this guy an actual number, but Lobsterman did see it. He was furious. We drove home in silence and when we got to his house he asked me how I felt. This part is a little fuzzy but I may have talked about the Ex and a multitude of other things. All I know is that the next morning I woke up feeling like shit and decided to stay another day. Our little romance was on the line.

I told him the truth. I told him I liked him more than I've liked anyone in a year. I told him that the thought of him makes my heart flutter. I told him that I've been really hurt before and that I don't want it to happen again.

He told me that he is vulnerable around me because he feels so strongly. He told me he's been discarded in the past like he didn't matter and that he was afraid I'd do the same. He told me that when he looks into my eyes, he sees someone he knows and understands and cares about. He told me that I've brought happiness back into his life.

And then we decided, we're going to be a team. It's not necessarily that he's my boyfriend, but I think we have an understanding now. No more bullshit. No more games. This thing is for real now --

Our last night we had dinner with his parents. Yes. I met his parents. And it went really well. Only his Mom called me by his EX GIRLFRIENDS NAME towards the end of the night. When they left Lobsterman was humiliated and said that we were officially even after the way I treated him at the party.

Wow. This lil monsta is REALLY happy. I have this new HOT (and I mean smokin' hot) man that thinks I'm awesome. I like him so much that I wasn't even bothered by the ex girlfriend thing. I mean, that's just crazy.

Now that you've just read a short novel on this blog, I hope you all know that I intend on continuing this blog -- though I may not have as many slutty antics coming up, I sense that there are lots of adventures to come.

No comments: