I just got back from a whirlwind weekend in Maine. I don't even want to TALK about it because I'm so depressed to be back in NYC. As per my former post, I did end up meeting a lobsterman. And he does have an anchor tattoo. And I also did do lots of falling in the mud.
This little island off the coast was heaven on earth. People know eachother, cars wave to you when they drive by and everyone is so beautiful and happy. It was like a hip Pleasantville. One of BFFs* boyfriend's roommates - Lobsterman - was an excellent host to us. Right off the bat he was a lot of fun. Our first night there we all went out to dinner with BFF's college friends and then went to a bar in town. The next morning we woke up early to attend the town parade (too cute) and then headed to this huge music fest that her bf was playing in (and which lobsterman was playing in too) that started at 3. Which means we started drinking at 3. And the festival goes on until midnight - so you do the drinking math.
I'm embarassed to admit that by the time Lobsterman and his band played, I was too inebbriated to really pay attention. But according to J9, he was insanely amazing. I'm so mad I barely remember it.
By the time his band stopped playing, he came into the audience and we started dancing together. Then we somehow got separated from everyone we knew as the night went on and continued to drink. We must have been messes. We started falling all over eachother (he claims he would literally "fall onto me" when he felt himself lose his balance). I really wish some sober people were there to witness it and remind us of how silly we were together. He was too drunk to drive back to the apartment so we slept in a tent together that night. Nothing happened.
The next morning we both woke up in a total fog and we were surrounded by people picking up trash from the concert. We ran out of there and got back to the house at 730 a.m. We woke J9 up, chatted a bit and out of nowhere he looked at me and said, "Let's go for a ride."
So there I was - on the back of an old motorcycle (it looked more like a vespa than a harley - yuck to harleys) getting a private tour of the island. We ended up parking on a rocky beach and just sat and talked. It was one of the most romantic moments of my life.
We all had a barbecue on our last night and then went home to watch a movie before bed. I had been sleeping on a loveseat so he invited me to share his bed. I did. And again, nothing happened. We fell asleep talking to eachother. He woke up at 5 a.m., asked me to leave my email for him and left for work. I was sad to see him go.
Things to Know About Lobsterman:
- He majored in sculpture and Brit Lit
- He has traveled all over the world
- Watching him handle a lobster and explain the anatomy of it to me was the sexiest thing I've ever seen
- He makes ceramics
- He wears carhartt overalls
- He sings like Neil Young and plays a guitar
- He makes dumb jokes and laughs at himself for minutes
- He has four tattoos on his right arm
- He has his own veggie garden
- He loves to cook (and yes he whipped up breakfast)
I already got an email from him last night, but I am not going to post it. It was too good and too special.
I hope to see him again soon -- and without giving too much away, I just might!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
anchor tattoos = the best.
;)
sexy!
Post a Comment