Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Can You Fix My H-E-A-R-T

'cause it's d-a-m-a-g-e-d? - Danity Kane

I don't consider my heart damaged, just a little banged up. But I have that song stuck in my head from over the weekend. And what a weekend it was. Fasten your seatbelts ladies!

Friday night SMB texted me that he wasn't going to be out of work until late. I was relieved. Instead I could enjoy a dinner date with Neeners*. Well, let's just say that when Neeners and I are alone, things always end up in a drunken downward spiral. A simple appetizer of fried calamari at a bar near my apartment turned into a two hour free drink up since the owner was pleased that I was a local. We actually had to start turning AWAY free drinks - and that is just absurd. Around 9 p.m. I get a text from SMB to meet him at Union Square. At this point I decided Neeners should join the date - so she and I hopped in a cab to meet him. The three of us then went to a bar, had more drinks, and then the three of us split a cab back to his apartment in Brooklyn. Neeners decided she'd spend the night at her friend's apartment who lives in the area. When SMB and I got back to his apartment, he wanted to play Grand Theft Auto 3. This was a mistake. Before he knew it, I was passed out cold on his couch. I woke up around 4 a.m. and realized I had been left on the couch and covered in a blanket. Poor guy. I crawled into bed and he and I kinda laughed the incident off. We fooled around in the morning but then I peaced outta there. We'll have to see if I hear from him again. I can tell he is very attracted to me (he talked to Neeners about how I have the best breasts he has ever seen - not kidding) and all, but there might not be anything else worth pursuing.

After a power nap on Saturday I was ready to face the world again. I joined my friend Ab* at a party in Astoria - my old hood! It was actually great to be back. I wasn't sad at all being reminded of times with the ex. Instead I wanted to move back - I miss having a real neighborhood. There were two boys I immediately zoned in on at the party: one who I shall call Juggler. I'm not sure exactly how it all came to fruition, but eventually me and the Juggler were making out at the Beer Garden while I was sitting on the bar counter. Yes. It was one of those nights. We ditched the party, hopped into a cab to my apartment, and continued the smoochfest all night long. I even let him sleep in my bed - and I haven't let ANYONE sleep in my bed. The next morning we went to a diner around 8 a.m. since we both couldn't sleep and we sat and chatted for a good hour. He's the funniest guy I have met in awhile. It was actually refreshing to be around someone that was so mentally stimulating. I seriously enjoyed our conversations. He went on this whole tirade about how he's a juggler for Cirque de Soleil ( I think he's really an accountant). It was the funniest speech ever. I enjoyed his wit and his sass - and his hipster style. The only problem is that I have his number - but he does not have mine. So I have to make the first move. What kinda of flirty text should I send?!

3 comments:

Eileen said...

"Wanted to see your juggling skills in action...lets grab a beer (insert location that has balls.)"

thenans said...

The circus has always scared me.

Anonymous said...

girl, i'm gonna start calling YOU the juggler! ;)