Wednesday, October 14, 2009

That were a bad idea.

I am the new little monster. I have been referred as BFF in this blog and now I will refer to the old little monster as BFF. Stay with me here!

So after finding out that the ex was starting to hang out with his new lady not even a week after we broke up, the whole no rebound rule had subsided. But considering I was on an island off the coast of Maine I decided that maybe I should listen to my brain instead of my crotch. I turned to vino instead! But we all know wine impairs our judgments…and so starts my first post.

BFF, Lobsterman, and myself loaded into my car and headed to our friend, Clay’s house for dinner. I was teasing friends about kicking the ex’s ass and practiced throwing punches and my high kicks with Y-Knot.

[Side note: This island has less than 380 people who are year-rounders. I wish I could draw you a family tree…see Y-Knot’s sister is engaged to my ex’s stepbrother. And Y-Knot’s brother is married to my ex’s stepsister. Small Island? ]

As the night moved on BFF and Lobsterman decided to go home and took my car; I informed them that I would walk home. Later Y-Knot told me that he was leaving and I followed suit. As we left the house he got into a heated debate with an old friend. I was laughing the whole time not realizing that Y-Knot was very serious. I calmed him down as we walked down the quiet star lit road and made him use his indoor voice.

When we got to the front of my house he said "Now this is the part where you kiss me good-bye." I laughed it off, but then told him that he couldn’t leave me. I told him that I had been having trouble falling asleep. I asked him if he could rub my back and stay with me for a while.

He said and I quote, “That were a bad idea,” but somehow he followed me into the house.

My bedroom is right next-door to the bathroom and after a few minutes of laughing and fooling around we heard someone clearing their throat. It was BFF and Lobsterman. BFF in a loud voice boomed, “Mom and Dad are very disappointed”. Y-Knot slept over, but we decided it was in our best interests to make smart choices that night. “It were a good idea, but a bad idea,” he later stated.

No comments: