After the break-up my mom showed me off to her co-workers like a prized something or other.
So after visiting her at work, every day she would come home with a new story about the Bartender and how he would like to see me again. I of course thought he was just teasing, but I was flattered anyway.
During the week prior to my sister’s wedding, my mother and I were having trouble communicating via phone so I went to visit her at work. I walked in and heard my name, but it wasn’t mommy who was saying it. It was the Bartender, who also happens to be er…a little bit older than me. I sat at the bar and he made me a few drinks and flirted shamelessly. He said some things that men his age shouldn’t say to the daughter of one of their co-workers. Needless to say I gave him my number and a kiss good-bye.
I was punished for my actions soon after when I received a dozen texts from him, some included emoticons (big turn-off in my book). Too much too soon! He even called that night and invited me to go out to lunch the following day. I ignored my phone for the rest of the week until he got the hint.
I am not visiting my Mom at work anymore.
1 comment:
your disdain for emoticons made coffee come out my nose.
Post a Comment