Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Last Night on the Island

I decided to go to the restaurant where BFF waitresses for my last dinner on the island. The only problem, the other woman waitresses there too. Umm…let’s call her Garbage from here on out. I dressed up and had dinner with Lobsterman, Clay, Y-Knot, and BFF’s brother. I sat next to Y-Knot and jokingly decided which utensil I would use on Garbage, but with the help of 4 glasses of wine I calmed down! I didn’t look at her, as much as I could help it, we never made eye contact- thank god! Dinner was eventful and when she came near our table Y-Knot would rub my back.

Later BFF, her bro, Clay, and I went to the other restaurant on the island. Both were closing for the season that night. I had a few more drinks, some awkward conversations, and headed home. I decided to stop at Tooth and Y-Knot’s kegger and say my goodbyes. I told BFF and Lobsterman to get me in a half an hour if I wasn’t back before then.

I did my first keg stand and was partially dropped leaving me hanging on for dear life. MonkeyBoy showed up with news about Garbage, she cried because she saw me tonight. She confided to MonkeyBoy about everything. As he told me her sob story, he also apologized for his behavior from the other night and then proceeded to put his hand on my leg. The party cleared and it was just Tooth, Y-Knot, MonkeyBoy, and myself. MonkeyBoy went to the bathroom as I talked to Y-Knot about my new discoveries; he told me that I needed to go upstairs and hold him. So I sped up the stairs before MB came back. But not fast enough! He shouted up the stairs thinking he would be the lucky man tonight. Y-Knot just explained that he was giving me a tour of the house and then loudly exclaimed, “and here is my bedroom!” He walked me to his bed where he cuddled and laughed about how the night has proceeded. MonkeyBoy knocked on the door and when we let him enter all he said was, “REALLY?” and left.

We cuddled and talked and kissed. I thanked him for being there for me over the past few weeks and he told me he had my back from day 1 (if only he would have my front). We were both extremely drunk and sleepy, so sadly nothing else happened.

I woke up shivering and walked home at 4:30 hugging the shadows.

No comments: