Monday, December 15, 2008

Brunch.

Yesterday Lobsterman and I hosted a very successful brunch. He cooked up a storm and (naturally) took over the kitchen. We had cornflake crusted french toast, pumpkin choco chip bread (i made that), fruit salad (all me), bagels with homemade bacon and scallion cream cheese (him - dammit) and lots of mimosas, potatoes and even nutella sandwiches. It was quite the feast and we still have a leftover tray of french toast. It was nice to have literally every single person that I love in my life in one room. I felt so special - my life has changed so much since this blog started back in the spring.

On an embarassing note - I accidentally dropped the L-bomb last night. Lobsterman and I washed all the dishes and settled in to watch a few episodes of 24 and I felt very at ease. I casually said something along the lines of "Oh stop it, you know I love you, you're the greatest." I realized that I said it without thinking and kept on rambling with the hopes that he would ignore it. Luckily, he did.

IT WAS AWFUL.

Then, as we were going to sleep, we always whisper something really nice to eachother. He told me he "has very strong feelings towards me." I felt in my gut that he wanted to say it - but that he chickened out. I was so nervous to hear him say the words that I was relieved he didn't.

This morning when I got to work I got a text that read:

"I heart you babycakes. xoxo"

HEART YOU!!! In the words of the incomprable Tracy Jordan - I'M BUGGIN' OUT!!!

6 comments:

Andy said...

when you said "L bomb", i thought that you accidentally called him lobsterman to his face. that would be bad and i was kind of worried. when i read that it was only about "love", i felt a lot better.

L said...

oh i do call him lobsterman to his face. trust me - the love word is scarier.

Anonymous said...

it's so sweet the way he looks at you. if you want i can come over and be like "ok, on three, both of you say it!" lol jk. i don't know who it's gonna be, but when the time is right it will happen. :)

Andy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andy said...

if lobsterman and I ever hang out, the first thing i ask him about you is "so, do ya love her?"

L said...

yea. don't do that.
ha.