I am a grouchy old fart. You heard me. I am working long, stressful hours and last night over a pint of Harp - Lobsterman told me he just isn't sure NYC is for him. JUST TWIST THE KNIFE IN MY HEART A LITTLE MORE!
Good conversation point:
I don't want to leave NYC because I need to be here to be with you.
Bad conversation point:
I just don't know where my life is going or what I want to do.
Good conversation point:
I want to give this place a chance but it keeps kicking me in the ass.
Bad conversation point:
It makes me nervous to have put myself out there and have moved here - because I still can tell you're nervous about trusting me. I need you to trust me.
Those are just some highlights of the night. Not what I needed after hours in the office, but I can't blame him for that. He just wanted to be honest about his whole move and I don't blame him. It's hard to move to a big city when you're used to hauling traps in the Penobscot bay.
Sigh.
Why, WHY, WHYYYYY must relationships be so hard? No wonder why it's so easy to be a hussy! There is a lot to be said for the ease of my reformed ways.
I wish I didn't like him so much because sleeping around seems to be the way to go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment