Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I'm Exhausted.

Lobsterman and I have began living like nomads. I feel like we're constantly on the road. We drove up to Maine on Friday night and didn't get back to our apartment - yeaaaaaaaaa I just called it "our" apartment - until around midnight. I had two major revelations over the weekend.

With this new nomadic lifestyle, I have realized that we argue in cars - badly. He thinks I drive too fast, I drive too close to the car in front of me, I swerve, etc. It drives me nuts. In fact, BFF*s boyfriend was with us in the car at one point and said we reminded him of a bad Allstate commercial. Lobsterman is like my Mother in the car. Critical and annoying! Looks like a cross country road trip is not in our future.

And secondly, my parents are not that nice to him. It bothers me to no end. It's not like they're mean - but they just don't pay much attention to him. On our journey back, we stopped at my house. My parents said hello and then disappeared. When I'm at his house it's the complete opposite - his parents sit with me, we all chat, we eat dinner together, it's rather normal. I don't quite understand what the deal is with my rents. Part of me thinks they're just nervous to let another guy into the family after what went down with The Ex. Maybe they don't realize how serious I am about him. Whatever it is - it's starting to get to me. He's noticed it and I don't want him to get the impression that he doesn't mean a lot to me, because that would be untrue.

Any idea on how I can approach this situation?

No comments: