I finally got a real taste of what Maine with my Lobsterman will be like. Here are some predictions.
1. I will constantly be surrounded by drunken lobsterman. People don't lock their doors on the island. This will have to change.
2. Lots of romantic beach bbqs will take place. Saturday night we packed up a basket and I listened to the ocean while we cooked hamburgers on a deserted beach while the sun was setting. I can't make this shit up.
3. I will be driving a truck (yes) that is standard (scary) and stalls once in awhile (mainly because I can't drive a standard).
4. I will be relaxed. I have a feeling my days will consist of pouring cups of coffee, writing articles for work and taking long walks on the beach. I can't complain much.
5. Everyone will know my name. Because honestly, 800 people live on this island. It's like high school and I'm in the cool crowd. Awesome.
More than EVER, however, I just get to be with Lobsterman. I finally feel at peace. Now seriously, I need help packing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment